Assured Cloud Computing-WACC 2014
Organizing Committee Call for Papers Agenda Accepted Papers Important Dates
2nd International Workshop on Assured Cloud Computing
In conjunction with the 14th IEEE/ACM International Symposium
on Cluster, Cloud and Grid Computing (CCGrid 2014)
Welcome to the 2nd International Workshop on Assured Cloud Computing (WACC).
The WACC Workshop is part of the 14th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Cluster, Cloud and Grid Computing (CCGrid 2014) being held in May 26-29, 2014, Chicago, USA.
The workshop on Assured Cloud Computing brings together a community of researchers and practitioners from academia and industry that share an interest in designing dependable cloud architectures that can provide assurances with respect to properties such as security, reliability, and the timeliness of computations (or services). Some new “assured” target applications include, but are not limited to, real-time computations for monitoring, control of cyber-physical systems such as power systems, and mission critical computations for rescue and recovery.
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Assurance in clouds and their applications
- Dependability challenges in cloud environment
- State of the art techniques to provide cloud resiliency
- Novel techniques to build dependable clouds
- Role of virtualization and multicore hardware in assuring security and reliability
- Validation using experimental and/or formal methods
- Metrics and risk models for assessing assurance of cloud environment
- Assured services, protocols and standards for clouds
- Secure data management outsourcing, secure computation outsourcing
- Security and availability of the networks for assured cloud computing
- Usability of assurance provisions and interoperability
- Energy cost of assured clouds
- Identity management, authentication, access controls, authorization
- Trust and Policy Management and Regulatory Compliance
- Assurance for Big Data
- Assurances for time-critical computations
There will be exciting technical presentations and networking opportunities available at this workshop!